FALL-WINTER 2016 INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
Event Planning & Program Development – Youth Assembly at the UN
Friendship Ambassadors Foundation, Inc is currently accepting applications for Fall 2015 Internships to begin immediately. FAF is looking for university or graduate students who will assist staff on all the planning aspects of the 2016 Winter Youth Assembly at the United Nations as well as other exciting projects of the Foundation. Areas of focus/interest for course credit internships and/or volunteer service:
• Outreach/Social Media: To academic, social, and cultural organizations; speakers and workshop leaders; media and sponsors to promote the YA and its related events.
• Logistics/Registration: Work with FAF staff on the entire event management for its large, UN based youth leadership event. From registration to printing, media to meals to Metro Cards, assist in the packaging of the YA.
• Programme Development: International and Diplomatic Studies majors are welcomed to apply to work with the FAF team to develop and produce the 2016 Winter Youth Assembly.
- Candidates must have a passion for the arts and international exchange, interest in international studies, and experience in administrative support.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and office skills are a must
- Computer knowledge essential (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be detail oriented, capable of working and meeting deadlines under pressure, and be able to multi-task.
- Must have initiative, a sense of humor, and enthusiasm.
- Multi-lingual written and verbal communication a plus.
- Candidates must be able to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week.
All positions are available for credit and are non-paid. Reimbursement for all travel and incidentals provided in return for 20+ hours. Interns must be able to commute to our office located in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Fall/Winter 2015 Preferred start date: October 5, 2015. End date: February 26, 2016. Application deadline is September 25.
Please contact the Foundation with your cover letter and resume sent to: Mr. Victor Izquierdo (email@example.com)